Grocery, supermarket and fast moving consumer goods retailers operate in a highly competitive market, with razor thin margins and high labor costs conspiring to erode both profits and consumer loyalty. Among the challenges they face are the need to execute consistent competitive pricing strategy across all customer touch points, while maximizing supplier incentives to protect and improve margins and simultaneously reducing labor costs and improving brand positioning. The need to maintain expansive product catalogs and run relentless supplier and retail promotions only complicates matters, with competitive business strategy execution typically relying on error-prone manual data entry. Mistakes can prove costly, further digging away at profit margins and consumer confidence and resulting in lost revenue and declining market and wallet share.
The solution lies in a merchandising system capable of seamlessly integrating core retailer business processes. An effective merchandising solution can be used to centrally define and execute competitive pricing strategy, manage vendors and assortments, track transactions, distribute pricing, merchandise products to maximize sales and gauge key performance indicators. Best-in-class offerings are likely to improve retailers’ bottom line and save on labor costs, while enhancing operational accuracy in the process.
The Retalix HQ/Chain Management solution suite is a best-in-class merchandising offering that empowers retailers to compete in aggressive markets and resolve their most pressing business challenges. Combining merchandise master data management with strategic price automation within an integrated technology platform, Retalix HQ provides the tools and information required to make and execute informed business decisions. The solution suite provides comprehensive, centralized, chain-wide cost, pricing, delivery and reporting capabilities that enable small to mid-sized retailers to enhance pricing-related execution and improve overall profitability.
Retalix HQ solutions support the following key business processes, among others:
- Merchandising Master Data management
- Enterprise-wide market and competitive price strategy definition and execution
- Vendor, product and store assortment management
- Vendor funds management and A/R
- Price automation by company, banner, zone, ad group, store, department and category
- Price position optimization for maximum sales volumes, profit margins and consumer loyalty
- Merchandising controls for consistent in-store pricing across all departments
- Centralized analysis of business performance with alerts and just-in-time information
- Regulatory compliance assurance for price integrity, labeling requirements, taxation, purchasing restrictions and system security
The HQ Management offering is comprised of these key products: